1901 Celebration of the first mass in the village of Thibaultville, on April 1 by Fr. R. Giroux in l’École Rouge (The Red Schoolhouse). The village, Côteau des Chênes, takes on the name of Thibaultville in honour of Fr. Jean-Baptiste Thibault, a secular priest working at the service of the Saint-Boniface Archdiocese.
1902 Fr. Alexandre Defoy arrives in Ste-Anne and is designated as vicar; he is assigned to provide services to the Thibaultville Mission on February 17, 1903.
1903 A lot is given by Mr. Pierre and Mrs. Hélène (Fabvreau) Michaud for the construction of a chapel. This is the land where at present stands the Enfant-Jésus Church, the St. Joseph House and the two garages. Parts of the lot have been sold for the construction of the present Richer School.
1904 Blessing of the first chapel by Fr. A. Defoy who has been named first priest of the new parish of the Enfant-Jésus by Mgr Adélard Langevin.
1905 Donation of the bell for the new chapel by Mr. Isaïe Richer of Ste-Anne. When applying for a postal station, the name Richer is assigned to avoid confusion with other villages and towns with the name of Thibaultville. This is also done to honour Mr. Richer who was a philanthropist and benefactor in the region. The village also takes on the name of Richer to coincide with the postal station name.
1909 Canonical blessing of the parish of the Enfant-Jésus by Mgr A. Langevin, on July 3, 1909.
1910 Fr. Albert Beaudry replaces Fr. Defoy. Shortly after his arrival, he takes on the project of building a new, larger church for the growing population of the village. During the winter of 1912, parishioners purchase lumber sales to cut the necessary wood for the new construction.
1913 Second church, the Church of the Enfant-Jésus; construction started in 1910 and completed in the fall of 1913. Blessing of the new church by Mgr Béliveau takes place on December 14 at which time confirmation is conferred onto 25 children from the region.
1936 Arrival of the St-Joseph of St-Hyacinthe Sisters, on August 24. Their mission is to teach catechism, provide public education, organize theatre presentations, direct the choir for church services, to provide services of sacristans, to visit the sick and elderly, and to assist the less fortunate of the region.
1940 Construction of the church is completed by the efforts and leadership of Fr. François-Xavier Normandin; the bell tower and the interior: support column capitals, marble altar, new tabernacle, communion table, raising of the nave, and varnishing of the pews. It is also during this year that a new school was built in the village. The larger school required more land so the parish sold approx. 1 acre from the south-east corner of the lot for the construction.
1954 Construction of the grotto in dedication to Our Lady of Lourdes. The structure is built with field stones from the region.
1970 Richer School, in planning further expansion, purchases approximately 3.3 acres of land from the Enfant-Jésus parish.
1979 Under the administration of Fr. Gérard-Magella Lévesque, a leaning cross monument is erected in honour to the Knights of Columbus and their relentless efforts for the parish.
1993 After the departure of Fr. Edmond Baril in 1993, there were no more resident priests in the parish. It is also on June 30 of this year that the St-Joseph of St-Hyacinthe Sisters leaves their mission in the village after 57 years of presence.
1995 On September 17th the last mass is celebrated in the parish of the Enfant-Jésus by Fr. Edouard Bonin.
2004 Parish centennial on the 5th of September; mass officiated by Mgr Émilius Goulet with Fr. René Chartier as concelebrant.
2008 In the process of obtaining estimates for having the roof redone, it was brought to our attention that the bell tower infrastructure had deteriorated with passing time. With the help of various agencies and organizations as well as donations from the public, we were able to have the infrastructure redone. We also took advantage of the occasion to remove the bell and the Sacred-heart statue in order to repair and repaint them. Once the infrastructure work was finished, we repainted the exterior and interior of the bell tower.
2008 On October 22, 2008 with the passing of the By-law 5-2008, the Rural Municipality of Sainte-Anne designated the Enfant-Jésus site and buildings a Municipal Heritage Site.
2009 Various maintenance and repair projects were carried out on the Enfant-Jésus Heritage Site: signage, repairs to the cemetery fence and entrance archway, new roof and new passage door for the garage, reorganization of the garage space, repaired the sacristy windows and storm windows, repairs were done to the grotto to re-set the stones in front and on the sides of the structure, finished cleaning the basement and sprayed the entire area with anti-mold chemical, cleaning and organizing of the sacristy, purchase of a display case and cleaned artefacts to have them on display, offered guided tours throughout the summer with the help of a summer student employee, and the work continues with hopes of replacing part of the church roof this fall. At the annual community event, Celebration Thibaultville, a mass was officiated by Mgr Émilius Goulet with Fr. René Chartier concelebrating. This mass was in commemoration of the Thibaultville Parish’s 105th anniversary. After the mass, the community and friends gathered on the church grounds to enjoy the sunny afternoon listening to French and Métis music and songs.