The wooden structure, resting on a full basement of field stone and mortar was built between 1910 and 1913 to replace a small wooden church on the site. The Enfant-Jésus Roman Catholic Church served mass to the community of Richer, Manitoba until 1995 when it was closed by the Archdioceses of Manitoba due to shrinking attendance. Since the closing of the parish, The Enfant-Jésus Heritage Site Corporation has seen to the maintenance of the building and site, and through major fundraising efforts and thousands of man hours has preserved the building for future generations to enjoy.
Scheduled to open in the spring of 2016, The Dawson Trail Museum site will feature a Romanesque style church, a century old cemetery, artifact displays and guided tours.
The Museum will also house a large meeting venue for rental. The venue will be perfect for monthly meetings, family gatherings, concerts, training classes and seminars.